Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera is a mid-range budget and very competent 24.3 MP mirrorless camera from Sony α series, released in 2014. The Sony a6000 is built on Sony Bionz X image processor, which helps to produce top-notch image quality. It has an 11fps burst mode continuous shooting. That makes it one of the best cameras for beginners. It offers super video quality, and the size of the camera is easy to handle. The image sensor has 179 phase-detection, autofocus points along with 25 contrast-detection AF points. The most significant advantage in the a6000 is the hybrid AF system. The 3” 1,440k dot OLED EVF features a refined optical system that combines four double-sided aspherical elements to provide 100% frame coverage. It comes with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC. It has improvised dust and water resistance.
Sony Alpha a6000 Specification:
- 24.3 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- ISO 100 – 25600 (max up to 51200)
- 3” tilting screen
- 92% of a viewfinder coverage
- Continuous shooting at 11fps
- Full HD video recording at 1080/60p and 24p
- OLED electronic viewfinder with 1.44M dots
- Pop-up flash
- Wi-Fi with NFC capability
- Electronic viewfinder: Electronic viewfinder of Sony a6000 will give you a mind-blowing viewing experience with 100% of view with clarity and details. Moreover, it will auto switch from viewfinder to display while you move your eyes.
- Auto Objective Framing: An intelligent shooting mode that can automatically analyze the scene and subjects within it.
- Anti-Motion Blur: Automatically corrects for subject movement in order to process clean, sharp imagery in low light conditions.
- Superior Auto Mode: This mode will quickly identify the current shooting environment and adjust camera settings to deliver optimized results
- Hybrid AF system: Hybrid AF system means it can switch to single AF to continuous AF.
- Full HD Video Recording: 1080p HD Video capturing capability.
- 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and Bionz X Image Processor: APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor work together to produce high resolution, well-detailed image and also reduce the noise.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity and NFC: quickly, you can move your photos from camera to smartphone.
- USB Charging: allows you to charge the lithium-ion battery in-camera via USB connection.
Best Lens for Sony a6000:
Some of the best lenses for Sony a6000 are-
- Sony E35mm f/1.8 OSS (Portrait)
- FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS (Kit)
- 18-200mm f/3.5 -6.3 OSS (All in one)
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera is one of the most selling mirrorless cameras. The metal body will give you a stable feeling and easy to handle the camera as its size. It is very satisfying to use this mirrorless camera compared to other DSLR cameras. The image quality surely satisfies you in a mid-range budget. It offers you some brilliant useful functions like DRO, Creative style, Miniature, Soft Focus. Sony has more limited lenses, so for the professionals, maybe it is a disadvantage.
Nowadays, 5years in technology is a long time, but comparing with the price with the functionalities the Sony a6000 will still wise to choose this camera.